Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday morning

It's about 36 degrees, here in The Hollow,
but there's blue sky and the sun is shining!

(Also: Blogspot has corrected yesterday's problems and the system is running smoothly, now!)


Perhaps I was overly optimistic when I packed up my Polar Fleece jackets, last week! I had to rummage in my car to find gloves, yesterday morning!

There is a nice article in this morning's Observer-Dispatch about yesterday's Ride for Missing Children. I'm not aware that there were any riders from the Waterville area, but there certainly may have been.



Despite my need for gloves, Spring Wildflowers are blooming right on schedule: I like slowing down - or stopping - next to some woods on Shanley Road where, now, there are wonderful patches of deep purple violets, some yellow violets and the Jack-in-the-Pulpit are just opening.



The alpacas at Rancho Cerritos, up on Route 12 towards Paris, have had their Spring trims and come very close to resembling French Poodles!


Gardeners may be waiting for some warmer weather before planting flowerbeds, but the Department of Public Works planted the two new "Welcome to Waterville" signs, yesterday, at the village limits on Route 12.


************


Connie Bocko sent me these two great pictures of Rosebreasted Grosbeaks at her Sanger Hill Road feeder. Dick and I always used to imagine what the birds thought, when they looked at each other: "she," looking at him, would surely have presumed that she was equally magnificent while he, looking back at her, must have said to himself, "My, we certainly are dull-looking, aren't we!"

**********

The Redsox game was postponed due to wet conditions, so they'll meet ATL today in a double-header at 1:05 and 7:35.

***

Have a great weekend, everyone, and

Don't forget: Pancakes for Breakfast, tomorrow

at the Fire House

from 7:30 - 11:00