Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday Morning

Happy
Mother's Day!

It's only 35 degrees, out, but it will warm up nicely.




Dandelions probably almost never appear in Mother's Day Bouquets, but I always picked them for my mother when I was little and she loved them - or so she said!

These views of dandelion-gold hillsides are for those of you who miss this country sight.




There's a lovely fruit tree blooming in front of Mr. D. Brown's home on Sanger Avenue and across the street, in the Park, the Flowering Crabapple trees will soon be covered with blossoms.







I wonder whether the Watering Trough will bubble or bloom, this year?




It's always been a Mother's Day treat, for me: finding the patch of Painted Trillium in the woods on York Road. I went looking, yesterday, and there they were - right on schedule!


While I was in that part of the region, I went to see what the Nine Mile Swamp launch site at the "Orange Bridge" looked like. I know that "WOW" (Women on the Water) plan on paddling there on Thursday, however .....

The bridge is being replaced, so the road really is closed. The access to the water is clear and there were two vehicles parked nearby, but I suspect that during the week construction workers' vehicles might use up any available parking space and hopeful paddlers would have quite a long carry.

Perhaps later in the year.

*******

Rick Gaiser's obituary is in this morning's Observer-Dispatch.
I hope that you'll read it.

********