Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday

It's Garbage Day, Again!


32 degrees on the nose!

I hope that no Mother's Day plants were left outdoors, last night. "Global warming" not withstanding, it's just too cold to plant Impatiens and Begonias!

  • Today: Morning sunshine, followed by increasing afternoon clouds. High 68 low 47
  • Tuesday: Partly sunny with the chance of a thunderstorm late in the day. High 76 low 48
  • Wednesday: Showers and storms. High: 62 low 39
******

The weather was perfect, yesterday.

I had an especially good Mother's Day - a nice long lunch with my daughter Allison and her husband Rick and my GRAND grandson, Iain, and his grandparents from Berne, New York, Helen and Victor Methe. We ALWAYS have a good time when we're together!
*******
Mothers in Massachusetts had a good day, too!




*******


When I got back to Waterville, I found a Baltimore Oriole waiting for me in the big old willow tree!

Photo by Wendell Long

A little way farther down Buell Avenue, Tom and Katie McNamara are entertaining (or being entertained by!) two pair of Rose Breasted Grosbeaks!






There are two must-read articles in today's Observer-Dispatch:

Waterville Wins Top Award in "It's a Zoo!" and All the winners.
(Please note that Gillian "Murphy" is really Gillian MOWREY!)

Congratulations, everyone!

************

But then, this:

now we've lost "our" Peggy O'Dowd.

I am so sorry.