Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

JEAN DAVIS

and

STANLEY DZIEKONSKI!



33.3 degrees and WKTV predicts a Cool and Damp Weekend.

  • Today: Morning sunshine, followed by afternoon clouds. Still cool. High near 60.
  • Tonight: Increasing clouds with a chance of rain late. Low in the low 40s.
  • Saturday: Mainly cloudy with showers likely and a steady rain possible. High: 59, Low: 46
  • Sunday: Clouds, some sun with showers likely. High: 61, Low: 34

*************

"Blogspot" has added a new feature - a wonderful "Auto-save" happens every minute: that's a huge help, really. But - I've also discovered that I am now unable to upload photographs in my usual speedy manner and am trying to find an alternate route: so far, without success. (I can tell where my day's going!)

Anyhow ...........





Another view of Main Street.




Meanwhile, the countryside gets greener and greener every day.



Along roadsides are dense colonies of Wild Strawberry blossoms.
(Will I remember to come back here in June?)



........ and Forget-me-nots bloom along creeks.

**************

I do have the final ballot count for the Election of School Board Members -------

  • Campion 221
  • Ferriter 158
  • Lachmann - write-in 104
*************

....... and know that the New York Yankees lost to Chicage, 4 - 1, and the Redsox swept a double-header against Detroit.