Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday


************

It's Garbage Day!


52.5 degrees
  • Thursday: Morning fog and drizzle, giving way to a mix of sun and clouds. Slight chance of a shower. Very warm. High in the mid 70s.
  • Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, warm and humid. Low in the upper 50s to near 60.
  • Friday: Some morning sun and clouds, but widespread showers and strong thunderstorms likely late in the afternoon and evening. High: 74, Low: 58

From this morning's O-D: "Oneida County Lifts Water Restrictions."

The best "Leaf-Peeper" report that I've seen is on the I Love New York Page,
and I intend to follow some of the advice therein on Friday and Saturday, making sure that I'm in Waterville on Sunday for the:

PANCAKE BREAKFAST

at the Fire House
to benefit

ABBY SMITH

and her family!

(You can read their story on the front page of The Waterville Times!)

**********

and

***********
The Grace Episcopal Church

OPEN HOUSE

for Byron and Hester Stuhlman

at Michael's from 5 - 7.


Speaking of "Michael's," - a few weeks ago I showed you this picture of a work by artist Peter Michel that hangs on a barn on Route 12B. I couldn't find his website because I was spelling his name incorrectly, but yesterday I had an e-note from Katie Gale Petrie who set me straight: you can see more of
Peter Michel's work here! (Thanks, Katie!)


"No! Not really!" "Are your sure?"

YES!

But you can put your name on a waiting list, if you want to, by phoning the Falks.

******



I did scurry around, yesterday, taking lots of "After" photographs to go with those taken before the two-year Highway Reconstruction Project.


Then Skip Foppes sent me a dozen or more of his wide-angle lens shots taken in 2003,


and I'll be mixing those into a special site.

**************

Also yesterday: the new sidewalk on the West side of Berrill Avenue is nearly finished!


More decorations appear ........ these are on White Street.



One of the largest, most inventive displays is at the Edick residence on Brothertown Road. (I'm not at all surprised!)

Go take a look!

********************

Tomorrow - a
update!

Have a Great Day!