Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday



It's 62 degrees.

  • Saturday: Some sun possible, but showers and storms likely in the afternoon. Heavy rain possible in any storms. The heaviest activity should be south and east of Utica. High in the low 80s.
  • Saturday Night: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some clearing possible late. Low in the mid 60s.
  • Sunday: Sun and clouds with showers and storms possible in the afternoon, especially south and east of Utica. High: 83, Low: 63

*************


************



There's a BIG YARD SALE on Barton Avenue!


And BIG HOP VINES at St. Bernard's Church! That little green roof that you can see at the top of the poles is - or was - a purple martin house set up there by Nancy Eastman in the Spring.


These vines, at the Historical Society, look as if they're going to pull the pole right over!

Don Brown's adding a nice little entryway at his home on Sanger Avenue.

********
I didn't receive an update from Patty Louise, bicycling in Canada, but I did get this E-mail with more about the old Borden Milk Plant!

" I enjoyed the writeup about the old Bordens plant. My dad worked there when I was a kid. On clear days, you could hear the milk cans being loaded and unloaded all over town. We used to play up on the beams when it was under construction, but one of the kids fell and got hurt badly, that stopped that game....

I used to go help my Dad pickup milk on the routes, (He used Steve Manion's big flatbed stake truck, about a 39 Chev.) I remember Doug Elliott's farm ( Nine Mile Swamp) He ( Doug) would lift the full cans up onto the truck with one hand , and never break a sweat.

Now we go to a gym to "try-to" stay in shape, and I forgot what I had for breakfast....... Respectfully ...gil condon

Thank You, Gil!

******************