Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday


(Click!!)

SYLVIA BELDAN

(that's my sister-in-law in Shirley, Massachusetts!)

and

CONGRATULATIONS!

*****

It's 65 degrees and bright.

  • Today: Hazy, hot and humid with scattered afternoon storms. Any storm could be locally strong with gusty winds and very heavy rainfall. High in the mid 80s.
  • Tonight: Showers ending. Partly cloudy with areas of fog. Humid. Low in the mid 60s.
  • Saturday: Maybe some morning sunshine, but showers and thunderstorms likely after Midday. Heavy rain possible. High: 84, Low: 64

***************


The first review is in: Missy Brouillette - with a big grin - announcing: "I finished it! (meaning the new Harry Potter) and it's WONDERFUL!"

****

Finishing Touches! Scallop shingles over the entryway and new lamps next to the door of the new Belfield Insurance Agency building..

Driving Northward on Rt. 12 - heading for Savicki's! - this pretty garden planted in the foundation of an old barn.


On Paris Green;


... and - on the way back to Waterville - this grand sight on Burkhurdt Road!


Recognize this cyclist?

I had E-mail from her, yesterday! Read on ......

"Bon Jour!" (she writes)
"
Hello all from beautiful downtown Old Montreal. After one of the hottest
days of biking - CBC radio raved all day how it hit 33! - I am comfortably
human and clean again in the bike hostel right in the old town. Yes, while
others have shelled out upwards of $200 to sleep right next door, I'm merely
down $22.50.

I've done 90 miles since leaving H2Oville Wednesday morning. 10 of those
were on the fantastic Burlington Bikeway in Vermont. The rest has been on
Route Verte 1, from Granby west to Montreal. Tomorrow I head east on the
north shore of the St. Lawrence toward, but not to, Quebec. The loop I'm
planning is 300 or so miles, if my kilometers to miles calculations are
close.

Mostly a flat and hard dirt surface, interspaced with blessed pavement. The
60 miles today were tough after the first 30; not a cloud in the sky and
most of the trail is open. I stopped a couple of times for ice cream and
water. I am now about to go out and explore a bit of Old Montreal, with the
idea of dinner and cold drinks in mind.

I wrote this before I checked Flip's blog, so I hope all is well in
Waterville and points southwest of here. Stay well, everyone, and wish me
strong legs tomorrow.

Patty
(To be continued!)

*******