Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday morning

It's Garbage Day

My digital indoor-outdoor thermometer tells me it's 8.1 degrees and the sound of snowplows passing the house every few minutes says that it's either been snowing or blowing or both!


BRrrrr!

There seems to be more traffic than usual on Route 315 - perhaps Route 12 is Closed (even tho the NYSDOT Map dosn't indicate it) or drivers just think that it should be!

**************************

Just quick eyelid update: surgery was only minimally uncomfortable and thanks to Ron & Margaret Bornick I was back home in the Hollow soon after 3:00 p.m. I've had almost no physical discomfort but am frustrated, this morning, by bandages that are holding my upper eyelids in a mostly "closed" position and although my vision is CLEAR, I'm looking through tiny very tiny openings! I'll be able to take the bandages off this afternoon ---- perhaps there'll be a better post then... at least photos out the kitchen windows, etc. Great Thanks for all of your notes and letters of encouragement and - even - amazement!