Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday

It's Recyclables Day!


HISTORICAL SOCIETY
open from 10:00 - 4:00.

BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP
at the Library at 1:30.

*****

46.4 degrees; drippy.

  • Wednesday: A mix of sun and clouds. A few showers. More clouds than sun at times. Cooler. High in the mid 50s.
  • Wednesday night: Partly cloudy to mainly clear and cold. Low in the low to mid 30s.
  • Thursday: A mix of sun and clouds. High: 60, Low: 41
  • Friday: A chance of showers. High: 63, Low: 48
Well - no one can say that we didn't need the rain!

*************



It was soggy and chilly when I went to ACCESS, yesterday morning. My apologies to all of the cheery people there - I forgot to wait for my camera to un-mist before I started taking pictures!


But there were smiles all around and - yes - popcorn and coffee!


Another ACCESS sign, right in front of the Car Wash, where great changes have been taking place!


Other signs -- all over the village!


What a change! Ms. Anna Foley, the new owner of the former Decker residence on Buell Avenue, has removed all of the old siding and is painting the original clapboards a nice pale gray. I had never noticed the details in the woodwork around the front door: I wonder what she'll do to accent them!


A new porch had been added and a somewhat deeper shade of gray is appearing on the Cornish's lovely new/old home out on Hanover Road.

************************


On Berrill Avenue, the new sidewalk extends all the way to the "Manion Farm" - much farther than it used to.

***************


Just this side of Deansboro.


******************

Note from the writer: No! I neither request, suggest or even accept payment for promoting any events and/or services on this blog. I've been asked, but prefer to keep things the way they are -- that way, I can be picky!

******

(Click!)

******

The World Series starts tonight at 8:00.

The blog may be late, tomorrow!

*****