Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday morning


Today is Garbage Day!

It's 53 degrees.


  • Monday: Mostly sunny. High: 73, Low: 54
  • Tuesday: A mix of sun and some clouds. Slight chance of a shower. High: 71, Low: 55

VILLAGE BOARD MEETING

this evening at 7:00

at the Municipal Hall.

********
In Football, Hamilton beat Waterville on Friday evening.

The Trenton Falls Scenic Trail is expected to be open next weekend.

************
Wendy Sexton was at Rancho Cerritos a bit later than I, Saturday, and she wrote, "I was at the Alpaca Farm 12 - 1.00 ish and there in front of us a mother gave birth and the little one returned our amazed gazes, and checked all her limbs and after a few tumbles was up on her feet. All around her in the paddock other mums nuzzled her and welcomed her to the herd, the father was running wildly up and down showing off and several little ones, only a few weeks old themselves, indicated they would would gladly include her in their game.
In a tumultuous world, it was a special moment, savoured by several of us from Waterville. (Thanks, Wendy!)

**********


At about that same time, I was high atop Moscow Hill, thinking that the view westward across Nine Mile Swamp must be one of the most beautiful around here.


The usual launch site for paddlers does look more "grown in" than usual, but I imagine that the actual channel is keeping its normal depth - which is considerable.



Old barns are becoming quite a rarity - always picturesque, but even moreso when they have purple aster and yellowing grapevines for decoration.


There were some nice ones, but I just couldn't reach them!


Earlier in the day, with my brain still filled with quilting patterns, this barn roof (on Barker Road, I think) caught my eye and brought me to a full stop. I don't THINK that there's a pattern, there, but ......!

*****

If you havn't already done so, you might scroll down to see more photographs that I took over the weekend and also some pictures sent to me by Judith Ogden Kartman.


Darn: I did everything else, but forgot to go to Jordanville to see the Rostropovich Estate!

**************

This is sort-of anti-climactic, but ....


The American League Division Series, with Boston vs. Los Angeles, starts in Boston on Wednesday.

***********

Tomorrow: "Big Trash" collection!