Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend's Best - Part I

I took so many pictures over the weekend that if I tried to post them all at once the whole Blogspot System would go into shock. So - here are two batches, to start with!


Judith Ogden Kartman (r.) sent me some photographs that she had taken during the "Cruis-in," on the 22nd.


It's Jack Gorton - of course!


And the Riders!


Judith with ?? and Cousins Tim Burback and Dave Alberding.

(Thanks loads, Judith!)

*******************************


Then came the bedazzlement of the Mohawk Valley Quilt Club show at the Utica Curling Club.
I don't know how many pieces were displayed, but it took nearly an hour for me to work my way around, and even then I probably missed some that I'd have liked to have seen.

I don't quilt, but I enjoy seeing what those who do can come up with!


This - also in the photo above - was made by Terry Tanner and is called "The Campbell Family History." It contains twenty photograph blocks and was presented to (I hope I remembered this right! ) Joel Campbell's mother on the occasion of her grandson Sean's wedding.


Here, two experience quilters give high marks to Collen Bogan's "Sand-als."


There's no end to the glis and glitter of today's "crazy quilts,"


or the range of subjects: here a mother's Tribute" to her son.

*******************