Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday

It's Garbage Day!

47.5 degrees and bright.

  • Thursday: Mostly sunny and mild. High around 70.
  • Thursday night: Increasing clouds. Milder. Low in the low 50s.
  • Friday: A mix of clouds and sun. Afternoon and evening storms possible. High: 79, Low: 53

Scattered frost had been forecast for the North Country and WKTV has begun showing their Foliage Report Maps!


Nothing like that in our forecast: we - apparently - just need more rain!


Even though it poured Tuesday evening and rained again yesterday morning, the little pond at the foot of Grant Hill (my favorite rain gauge) had only a tiny bit of water in it!


The little waterfall on Gridley Paige Road, however, was burbling away quite nicely and looking particularly picturesque because someone has been doing a grand job of clearing brush. That property has been for sale - perhaps there's a new log home tucked away in the woods!


When did that pop up? It, too, is on Gridley Paige Road.

Just within the past few days this modular appeared on its Route 315 foundation.

(And no sooner had I posted these pictures, this morning, than Bridgett Welsh sent me this: " The one on Gridley Paige is being built by my uncle, Richard Weaver (my mom's brother) and the one on 315 belongs to my cousin, Gene Sinardo, Jr. (my dad's nephew). " Thanks, Bridgett!


**************


Mary Crowe sent me some pictures of her Tower Street Morning Glories. They really ARE "Glory-ous!"

There was a big Surprise Party at the Harding Nursing Home on Tuesday afternoon celebrating Lea Helmes' 50th anniversary as a nurse! There is a press release, but I don't have it, so I don't know all the details. Katie Landers did send me these two photographs, however, and I want to blog them, right away, for you to enjoy.

From left: Judy Staelens, Director of Nursing, Lea Helmes, and Eileen DeMasi, Asst. Director of Nursing.


Lea and an RN Cake!

*****

And speaking of cake - deluxe cheesecake in particular - I recalled seeing an article in the O-D a few days ago that read: "Esche not wasting his time waiting for a new job"
and can't agree more: his new restaurant, Aqua Vino, at the former "Kitty's" on the canal is lovely! "Elegant" might be a more apt description: I don't know whether it's the wine-colored leather chairs and ceiling tiles that "make it" or the black and white table settings. I had lunch there, yesterday, with the "birthday person," and if you can't decide what you want to eat, may I suggest the seafood bisque with crabcake crostini and cherry cheesecake?

****************


Closer to home, in Sports: the Boys' Varsity Socccer went 2 - 0 over Sherburne and Boys' Varsity Football gained a win against Richfield Springs when Richfield forfeited the game for lack of players.



*******