Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday

GARBAGE DAY!
65 degrees and very drippy!

It's been raining since Saturday morning! We certainly needed it, and I'll be interested to see if any of the small ponds look any more watery than they did three or four days ago.

  • Monday: Cloudy, damp conditions in the morning. Some sunshine possible later in the day. High 72
  • Monday night: Decreasing clouds. Low 55
  • Tuesday: Some morning sunshine, followed by clouds and afternoon and evening rain. High 69 Low 53

I heard geese, last night!
I think that they were flying North!

*****************

If you don't drive down Genesee Street in Utica, often, you may not realize that lots of renovations are ongoing at the Stanley Theater. There's a status report in today's issue of the O-D.
*************

I spent just about the entire weekend glued to my computer, but the one time when I broke away from the project I was working on I had a marvelous time because there were so many people having an equally grand time - and we all had Mr. Martin Cleary to thank for it!


Actually - that's not completely accurate: it was the Cleary "children" who were responsible! They gave Marty a super party in the Parish Hall at St. Bernard's Catholic Church as an 80th Birthday Celebration and there were lots more than eighty friends there! (Probably 120 or more, according to Steve!) I could never seem to take a picture of Marty - he's in this shot, just a bit to the right of center - beause there were always so many people mobbed around him!

There is sure to be mention in this week's issue of The Waterville Times about the event, but it will not be the first time that Marty's birthday has been noticed by any writers:.

Kate Loftus Welch, in her column "Along Willona Creek," said it this way: "Yes sir, that's my baby"; Born to Francis P. and Blanche R. Quillman Cleary, On September 8, a son, who has been named Martin Francis to whom Willona Creek folk extend a welcome. May joy abide at 'The House in Green Pastures.' "

*************

I received this nice letter from Brad Cowen, a few days ago:

"Thanks for posting the pictures of the old mill. It brought back a ton of memories since I lived right next door for 16 years. I remember as a little kid going up to the windows along the back section and getting candy and gum from the ladies who worked there. I have printed the pictures and articles and will give to my parents Pat and Clem Cowen, I am sure they will appreciate it.

Also, it was fun seeing my aunt Dottie Ruane in one of your shots!"

********

And I know I had a letter concerning Sign-ups for Cub Scouts: it's in my Home in the Huddle Mailbox, but I can't get the mailbox to let me read what the letter says! A note to ALL of you: please forget that I ever had that Email address and just use the one indicated right at the top of the post - where it says, "E-mail the writer." Thanks loads!

**************


****************************
******************************