Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday morning

It's Garbage Day!

******

and remember that there will be a

Public Discussion

at Village Board Meeting

7:00 P.M. in the Municipal Hall

in re: the

DEMOLITION of the PUTNAM STREET MILL!

*******

It's 56 degrees and sunny!


WKTV predicts:
  • Monday: Mostly sunny and hot. High 88
  • Monday night: Clear with patchy fog. Mild & muggy. Low 64
  • Tuesday: Hazy sunshine, hot and humid with the chance for afternoon thunderstorms. High 92 Low 63
the Weatherchannel

********************************




I drove up Crow Hill, yesterday, expecting to find at least two towering, new windmills. You can see them from Brothertown Road and also Route 12B North of Hamilton, but they weren't there! Well - they were there - just not towering, yet.


Sections of the towers and enormous propellers lie on the ground at half-a-dozen sites tucked between fields of crops and wooded areas. The view from Crow Hill is magnificent, and I've been going there for years just to enjoy the sky!


Back to Route 20 and another vantage point: Aha! The windmills that I've been seeing are really north of Sollsville, and so I headed in that direction.

I started along Cole Road.

And suddenly, there they were - on Jeffers Road.


I did lots of winding around on little dirt roads that I'm sure I'd never been on, before. I wished that I'd had the GPS with me, but I didn't, so made scribbly notes, instead. If you want to go for a lovely Ride in the Country and see that part of the new "Munnsville Wind Farm," here's a map to get you started.

Take Route 20 to the center of Madison; turn right and find the Solsville Hotel. Turn left and follow Cole Road. After that, just keep looking for windmills!

****************



Have a great day!