Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Wednesday Morning

It's BIG TRASH DAY!!

The temperature at 6:30 is 26.4 degrees and there's no precipitation.




VILLAGE BOARD MEETING
7:00 P.M.
at the Municipal Hall.


(Have you filled out the questionnaire that came with your Water Bill, yet?)

An article in this morning's Utica Observer-Dispatch will be of interest to those who know - or who have heard of - Blair Raker, who grew up on W. Bacon Street.


Yesterday, the Department of Public Works was taking down the wreaths and banners that had decorated Main Street.



I had the urge to shout "No! Wait! We havn't had Christmas yet!"




At least it never looked like Christmas!

It was a little bit more wint'ry "up" towards Paris ......



...... near "Spring Farm Cares" the shrubbery looked as if it had been "flocked,"



and there seemed to be some real snow up in the Deerfield Hills.

*************
On December 31st, I found in my "mailbox" a Happy New Year greeting from a WBARTLETT in Rochester. "Thank You!" I wrote, "But I don't think I know who you are!" And now, several E-mail exchanges later, the man that Dottie Ruane always refers to as "Junior" Bartlett and I are old friends!

Thanks, Walt!

Not only that, but he wrote to his nephew - Pat and Clem's son, Brad Cowen, in Wilmington, Delaware - and I've just gotten a nice long letter from him! (He's apparently read the entire blog and followed all the links!)

Thanks, Brad!

Also following the link to "Heaps of History" was Mr. David Sullivan, the owner of "The Brunswick." He sent an update on the renovations to the old building and its current status as an apartment house and asked me to add it as a "comment" to the write-up on "Heaps of History." I've added his letter, instead, directly to the Brunswick page.

Thanks, Dave!