Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday

It's either 30 or 32 degrees, depending on which thermometer I believe, and it's definitely WET out.
  • Tuesday Morning: Pockets of sleet and freezing rain north, south and east of Utica becoming plain rain by mid to late morning. Light icing possible, especially in the Adirondacks. Temperatures warming up through the 30s.
  • Tuesday Afternoon: Rain showers. Temperatures ranging from the mid 30s east of Utica to the mid or upper 40s west of Utica.
  • Tuesday night: Partly cloudy. Low in the mid to upper 30s.

********


Monday Morning.


Somewhere in the afternoon, that changed:


customers were going in;


and customers were coming out!

***************

I had spent much of the day out of town: I needed to go to Commercial Art Supplies, which is just about in downtown Syracuse, and - on the way home - I cruised the old "Fayetteville Mall" ....


where I discovered not only a branch of EMS (always a favorite destination in Lake Placid) ....


....... but also an L.L.Bean Outlet!! (Much closer than Camillus!)

No! I didn't buy anything because all of the merchandise previously acquired at L.L.B and E.M.S. jus never seems to wear out!

**************


Chittenango has been through the "Highway Reconstruction" process and, 'tho the final results are not as nice as they are in Waterville, I did admire their new informational kiosk. Unfortunately, it's not where any travelers can easily stop to read it!

**************


I saw a lot of Christmas decorations along Route 5, but few as attractive as those that are appearing around Waterville - like this doorway at the Briggs residence on E. Bacon Street -

or as inventive as this wonderful grouping out on Madison Street.


I must go back this evening and see what everything looks like with spotlights turned on!

**************

In answer to a reader's query: yes, there is a back door and yes, the new driveway is still there.

******

While I was driving, yesterday, it occured to me that something of significance had taken place in Waterville just exactly 140 years ago. Unfortunately, I was off by five days - but close!

***
Have a great day!