Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday

Yesterday!

*****


Today's Garbage Day!

29 Degrees

  • Monday: A mix of sun and clouds in the morning. Clouds and showers are likely in the evening. Mild. High: 53 Low: 38
  • Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with peeks of sunshine. Scattered rain showers. High: 44





The Parade of Lights Committee made use of Saturday's mild weather. They hung decorations on the Fire House, wrapped strings of mini-lights on the lamps posts in the business district and .....

Yes: Jamie Bechy remembered to "set the clock back" on the lights.

Pat and Jerry Burdick of Forge Hollow sent me a photograph of the newly-visible
waterfall and "fish pond" on Gridley-Paige Road. I recall being told, years ago, that there were originally three ponds connected by waterfalls created by then-owner McAdam as a game preserve which, along with considerable woodland, was entirely surrounded by an eight-foot-tall fence.

I'd taken this picture just about a year ago - on October 29, 2006 - and during the past several months Mr. Ed Bennett has been at work cleaning brush and trees and straightening rocks so that now the falls look as they did when they were new. Thank You!

*****************


I don't know! But it's on the Gallagher Farm just west of Osborn Avenue.

**************
I'm sorry that I wasn't in town to attend the St. Bernard's Bazaar, on Saturday, because it's always such fun and I'm sure that it was a Super Success!

I was determined that I wouldn't miss the Mike Olsen Benefit , yesterday afternoon, but when I first reached the American Legion on Route 20, there was a regular traffic jam of people trying to get into the parking lot or find spots to park along the edge of the road. I kept going, just as far as Chittening Pond , intending to turn around there, but ................



There it Was! Soaring along the far shoreline. The eagle!

I must get a camera with a better zoom lens, because - as if knowing I had a camera ready - he went and posed in the top of a hardwood tree. If you "click" on the image and look very, very hard, you'll find a little white smudge right in the very center of this picture.

It was great!

*************************

Back at the Legion ........


it was already mobbed, and the ladies at the Ticket Table could barely keep up with the demand!


That must be Don Brown!



The attendees' attention seemed to be divided between tables along the outer walls that were completely covered with a grand collection of Door Prizes .....

... and the buffet line, which was moving right along. Everyone was happy!

***********

I don't know just who the organizers of the event were, but I'm sure that they worked very hard to put everything together and there's no doubt but that they had a Real Winner!!! Congratulations!

and

Best Wishes, Mike!