Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tuesday

It's 52.9 degrees.

It's GARBAGE DAY!

That may go for the weather, too, for after a perfectly beautiful Labor Day weekend, a few clouds will be moving in.


It's that sort of sunny, dry weather that we've had makes hops look like these - at Pete Kane's on Bogan Road.

**********

WKTV forecasts:
  • Tuesday: Partly sunny. High 71
  • Tuesday night: Clear and cool. Low 45
  • Wednesday: Mostly sunny. High 73 Low 57
  • Thursday: Partly cloudy. High 83 Low 63

If you're doing business in New Hartford, today, you should be aware that "Milling and paving operations will begin in the village Tuesday," according to the O-D. "The roads that will be affected are: Paris Road, Pearl Street, Hartford Terrace and Allport Place."

**************

Do you remember that, a week or so ago, we had some cyber-conversations about the "mess" at Bailey Lake? Well - I received this E-mail, on September 1, that explains a bit of it:

"My wife and I went to Bailey Lake on Aug. 22 or 23 me to fish and her does her cross stitch. We saw the trash that was there. While I was out fishing a car pulled in and a mother and her young son got out and started to pick up the trash. They picked up both sides of the road ending with 3 bags of trash. The mother told my wife she thought it was good for her son to do this. I don't know who they were. They left towards Gordon Lake. I would like to thank them for doing this. I hope they don't have to do this again. Charles & Pat Gaffney, Sauquoit."
(And Thank you for writing!)


A new GREEN roof on the expanded, "Touchless Wash" bay at the Car Wash!

***********

If the O-D is right, there won't be any shortage of Apples for the Teacher, this year: "Apples Abound During Tremendous Season."

The 1872 School Building that replaced the one built in 1815. I erred, however, in saying that the earlier school was at the corner of White and South Stafford: at that time, "Stafford Avenue" was - I gather - called "Academy Street."

This building was demolished about 7 years ago and five years ago the new Municipal Hall opened in its place.

******************

Football Season has begun. Unfortunately, Waterville was bested by Sauquoit in their opener, 43 - 6. You can check the latest High School Football Scores on WKTV.

*************


I'm doing a bit of painting - both art and woodwork varieties - so may not be out and around as much as I usually am. Please let me know if you spot something that I should be aware of!

Lynn Curtis phoned me, yesterday afternoon, to alert me to something special: I'll take a picture of it first thing this morning!!! You'll like it!

******