Tuesday, July 3, 2007

They're Off!

7:50 A.M. They're lined up: the WFD Rescue Truck and two WFD Fire Engines and two Wade Tour motorcoaches.


Last minute cell phone coordination.

Don't forget the drums!


First the kids started pouring out of the school .....


....and then the chaperones.


Impressive! And there's the panel truck carrying, I imagine, the drums, the color guard's flags, lots and lots of bottled water and three V.I.P.s.


I went across Madison Street, thinking I'd get a better view. There's Channel 2!

And then, at about 8:10,
the procession began to roll. I could hear sirens, horns honking and people cheering, BUT ... forgetting that my camera was already ON, I gave it another flick and ended up taking some very strange video instead of plain shots!

Rats!

I had another chance, 'tho, because .....


.... the entourage had made a siren-heralded sweep through the village and I caught them just as they were heading out of town, aiming South.




Cheers, everyone!

Have a great time!