Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wednesday morning

Recyclables Day!

43.5 and gray, but getting better.

  • Wednesday: Morning clouds and showers giving way to sun by afternoon. High 55
  • Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy and cool. Low 34
  • Thursday: Partly sunny. High 59 Low 37
  • Friday: Mostly sunny. High 60 low 40



"Lake Sangerfield" has gone down a little bit, but .....



...... "Lake Osborn" still fills someone's front yard.


The Hop Vines have sprouted at the Historical Society!
Now is the time to take rootings.

************


WKTV Channel 2 News Police Cracking Down on Speeders on Commercial Drive.

On the same subject, an article in this morning's O-D had a quote that made me chuckle:
"The state police define an aggressive driver as "anyone who operates a motor vehicle in a selfish, bold or pushy manner — without regard for the rights or safety of the other users."

I liked the "bold or pushy" part: I think we might have one or two such drivers in Waterville, too.

**********


Take a
slow ride along the "Dugway" between Route 12B and Austin Road. The White Trillium are in bloom!



******

And, finally, the Yankees bloomed, too!



........ but, at the end of ten, Boston had wilted.

*****

About the Wildflower Photographs:

When my digital camera was new - and long before I'd discovered "blogging" - I made a fairly large collection of such photographs. And then, a few years later, I discovered "Powerpoint" and turned all of the photographs into a slide show. (It's a little hokey, but I was having fun!) If you'd like me to E-mail you the show - which presents pictures of Spring wildflowers in the order in which they bloom - just click the "E-mail the Writer" link at the top of this post, and I'll be glad to send you the file.

PsB