Sunday, March 25, 2007

Photo Add-ons: Sat. & Sun.


I just got an E-mail from Bridgett Welsh - Dick Welsh's youngest daughter - with two telephone snaps that she took outside of the Graham Cemetery in Hubbardsville. She wrote,

"Since this is the official 'Maple Weekend', I thought I'd send along some pics of taps near the cemetery in Hubbardsville that I took with my camera phone while on a walk. I thought they made a pretty picture."


I agree, and was there yesterday afternoon, too, doing just about the same thing! I don't know what interested me the most: the old-fashioned sap buckets, the lichen on the maples (definitely NOT all on the north side) or the justaposition of cemetery and sap buckets.




*******************

This is the time of year that the Red-stemmed Dogwood,
Cornus stalonifera,
really lives up to its name.


The Sangerfield River, just north of the Loomis Road Bridge.


There are Canada Geese sitting contentedly near almost all the little field ponds, but - on Osborn Avenue - these Seagulls looked quite confused!

"Tide must be out!"