Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday morning, continued

I made a second visit to the Nursing Home, yesterday, later in the afternoon.



The Christmas Tree next to the driveway was all lit, and ..........



I wonder if the Hardings have ever considered stringing lights on the big fir tree that appears to be growing out of the roof of the building!



It was just late enough that the strings of lights on the Bell Tower showed up,



and the candle-wreaths on the telephone poles along East Main Street were bright.

***************

Earlier in the day, I'd noticed that Tom had been looking ahead.........




and I found this notice on the Community Calendar:

Legion Riders and Ladies Auxiliary
Waterville American Legion
will sponsor a
New Year's Eve Dinner and Party
$25 couple or $15/person
for Dinner/Door Prizes/Party, 6 p.m.

$7/person for the Party at 9 p.m.

Ends at 1 a.m.


Between morning and afternoon tours of Waterville, I'd spent a great deal of time in New Hartford. On the advice of my grandson and others, I went to see "A Night at the Museum" and loved it! It's not only a delight, but a "must see" if you've ever been to the Museum of Natural History in New York City - which is where the story takes place! - or any of the other major natural history museums that are all over the country, and have wondered what would happen IF all of the animals on display and the tiny characters in dioramas actually came to life.

I really don't go to very many movies and am hardly qualified to judge good from bad, but I'd give this film a most-enthusiastic "Four Bones" rating! (Once you've seen the movie, you'll understand!)